Muscat: Dust storms continued to spread in the governorates of Musandam, Al Buraimi, Al Dhahirah and Al Wusta, with a decrease in the level of visibility.
Oman Meteorology said: “The continued spread of dust/dust storms unevenly, especially in the governorates of Musandam, Al Buraimi, Al Dhahirah and Al Wusta, with a decrease in the level of horizontal visibility.”
Recent observations of horizontal visibility at some stations were:
Khasab Station 1500 m
Ibri Station 3000 m
Masirah 5000 m
The Health Council of the Gulf Council has published important alerts regarding the dust wave that is currently passing through some of the GCC countries, and said: “When you are exposed to dust, your health may be harmed as a result of the pollutants that are inside, and the most vulnerable categories that may be affected by dust waves are:
- The elderly
- Asthma patients
- Those with immune diseases
- People with respiratory diseases
So there are 3 steps to take care during dust waves:
- Sit indoors and avoid open spaces
- Use preventive and bronchodilator inhalers if you are sick with asthma, according to the doctor's instructions.
- Wear a mask or a damp cloth