FOR THE MEATBALLS
• 500g chicken mince
• 4-6 spring onions, chopped, plus extra bits to garnish
• 4 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
• 1egg, whisked
• 2 tbsp white breadcrumbs
• Oil, for shallow-frying
FOR THE SAUCE
• 3 tbsp sugar
• 3 tbsp vinegar
• 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
• 125ml tomato sauce
• 1 tbsp soy sauce
• 1 tbsp honeyInstructions
• To prepare the meatballs, in a bowl ,lightly mix together chicken mince, chopped onions, parsley, egg and breadcrumbs.
• Season with salt and pepper.
• Divide the mix into 24 meatballs.
• Place them in a single layer on a tray and refrigerate for an hour.
• Heat oil in a pan and shallow-fry the meatballs in small batches until golden brown on all sides.
• Remove, place on paper towels and set aside.
• For the sauce, pour all the ingredients into a pan and whisk well. Then place over medium-high heat and bring to a gentle boil, stirring constantly. Remove. Add all the meatballs to the sauce and stir gently.
• Serve hot or cool for a few minutes before packing in lunch box .
• 4 cups all-purpose flour
• 2 cups Ghee
• A pinch of Salt
• 2 cups Milk
• 2 cups dried apricots ,finely chopped
• 1/2 tsp Rose water
• Sieve the flour into a large bowl and rub in the ghee with your fingertips, until well incorporated and resembles breadcrumbs.
• Mix in the salt. Add some water and a little milk, gradually, and knead to make a hard dough.
• Divide the dough equally into small portions. Roll each portion out on a floured board into a small round of 3-4” diameter.
• Mix the rose water with the apricots .
• Take two rounds, brush the top with little water and place the apricot mixture in between, seal from all sides and flatten.
• Place on a greased iron tray. Smear some ghee over the rounds and cook, on medium heat, in the oven. Remove when brown on both sides. Repeat until all are baked.
• Cook a bit and wrap in butter paper to be packed in lunch box .
CELERY GARLIC TOAST
• 4 slices of whole wheat bread
• To be ground to a coarse paste -
• 1/4 cup celery , chopped
• 2 cloves of garlic
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Apply the ground celery paste equally on all 4 slices of bread .
• Bake in a preheated oven at 180c for 7- 10 minutes.
• Cut into halves, sprinkle 1/2 tsp of red chilli flakes on the toasts and they are ready to be packed in the lunch box .